White Plains Small Business Insurance
Hiscox offers small businesses a new way to buy business insurance in New York (and all other states except Alaska) starting at $22.50 per month either online or over the phone from a licensed agent in minutes. Hiscox specializes in general liability insurance, professional liability insurance (also known as errors and omissions insurance) and business owners policy. Buy business insurance customized specifically to your profession starting with a fast, free quote.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: An event planner sets up a complicated booth for a trade show. During the show, a large portion of the booth collapses, injuring several of the show’s attendees. General liability insurance coverage could cover the claim for medical expenses up to policy limits.
- Personal injury: A temporary paralegal hired by a divorce attorney is eating lunch at a local restaurant with a friend. They are having a conversation about one of the attorney’s clients who is in the midst of a messy divorce. The conversation is overheard by the client’s ex-wife, who uses the information she hears to extract a larger settlement in the divorce. The client sues the attorney for slander, but a professional liability policy could protect them.
- Defamation: A project manager made disparaging remarks about an executive in a client company, and they were overheard by the assistant to the executive. She reported them to the executive, who sued the project manager for defamation. General liability insurance protects project managers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: A realtor does a competitive analysis to arrive at a selling price for a home, which the seller accepts. The home is sold in three days at the full asking price. Several months later, a similar home in the same neighborhood sells for considerably more. The seller of the first home sues the realtor, alleging that their home was priced too low. A professional liability policy could cover the cost to defend the realtor, including a settlement or judgment, up to policy limits.
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A property manager is sued by a tenant who claims they were illegally evicted from their apartment. Even if the manager didn’t make a mistake, they could be covered by a professional liability policy for defense costs, as well as any settlement or judgment.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Business Property: A web designer’s laptop computer is stolen from a hotel room. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the computer, up to policy limits, and keep the business up and running.
- A computer programmer spills his coffee on a high end computer system, causing irreparable damage. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the system, letting the programmer get back to work.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Hiscox now offers state mandated workers compensation insurance to ensure that injured workers receive prompt and fair compensation for job-related injuries and diseases. In most states, laws require you to pay for an injured worker’s medical care, lost wages, and death benefits. A Hiscox Workers Compensation Insurance policy must be purchased with another Hiscox business insurance policy. To get a free quote, call us at 1-855-743-2308 and speak to a licensed insurance agent, Mon-Fri 8am-10pm ET.
Learn more about workers compensation insurance.
Comparison to Competition:
Example professions we insure in White Plains:
About our White Plains Hiscox Office
Our White Plains, NY office has the capacity to house approximately 48 people. Permanent residents include employees from accounting, underwriting, marketing, and operations. We are proud to offer business insurance in New York and the surrounding northeast region.
The city of White Plains is located just 25 miles north of Manhattan and is the corporate and retail hub of Westchester County. It has the distinct characteristic of being a suburban-based environment with a vibrant urban infrastructure. The multi-faceted public transportation system is the gateway to both metro and upstate New York, New England, and other major northeast destinations, including Canada. The city is strategically located less than an hour drive from four major metropolitan airports (JFK, LaGuardia, Newark, and Westchester County Airport). Downtown White Plains attracts a variety of businesses including technology, law and major corporations, as well as colleges and universities. There are also a wide variety of internationally-themed restaurants that pepper the heart of the White Plains business district. From the highest-ranked schools in the region to numerous parks and outlets for activity, this is truly a microcosmic reflection standing in the shadows of nearby larger Gotham.
Hiscox White Plains Office
1133 Westchester Avenue
White Plains, NY 10604
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Sunil, Rye New York
"It was very friendly to use and purchase insurance.”
Michael, Howard Beach, New York
“Excellent, Fantastic, Stress-Free! It could not have been easier. I expected the process to take HOURS based on previous experiences with insurance agents. Everything I needed was handled within 20-minutes and the agent was very knowledgeable.”
Christopher, New York
"Great! The customer service rep. who signed me was is the BEST in the business. I believe her name is Robin Crawder. Robin was the only sales person who seem to care at all about earning my business in the two day and 10 companies I called to buy insurance.”
Caryl, New York, NY
"Quote in no time. Q&A process did not wear me down, so was able to finish the process that gives the quote with no major time lost."
Diane, New York
"Great Experience... even for insurance! Unbelievably easy. Phone support very helpful. Pricing extremely competitive. Able to charge premium to a credit card."
Maria, New York
"My service feedback with Hiscox. The Hiscox representative that help me sign up for my policy was very kind and explained the entire process in detail. He was also able to answer my questions so I was happy after my transaction.”
William, Aquebogue, NY
"A pleasant experience. Obtaining the right amount of coverage at a fair price is all anyone can ask for and Hiscox delivered just that."
Joseph, New York City
“So fast and easy that in less than an hour, you can have your policy documents by email. Hiscox is by far the easiest insurance company I've dealt with. The quoted price was much cheaper than any other company. The quote was instant after my initial application. I was able to bind coverage immediately with a low down payment. I was offered a no fee, no interest installment plan to pay over 10 months, and I received my documents within minutes of binding coverage. I believe it took less than an hour to do everything from requesting a quote to receiving the policy documents. It was so easy and fast, that I checked out Hiscox online to see if it was a scam...but it wasn't."
Our products have been fully approved by the New York Insurance Department and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.
Hiscox is concerned for the safety and welfare of our customers. Customers who obtain an order of protection against another customer listed on the same policy may call us toll-free at 855-975-6266 to provide us with contact information that will not be disclosed to the person against whom the order was issued, as required by New York law. In addition, the New York State Domestic Violence Hotline may be reached toll-free at (800) 942-6906 and in New York City at (800) 621-HOPE (4673).