Chesapeake Small Business Insurance
Business owners in Virginia (and all other states except Alaska) can buy Hiscox business insurance online or over the phone from a licensed agent in minutes, starting at just $22.50 per month. Hiscox specializes in two types of liability insurance most small businesses in Virginia need: general liability insurance and professional liability insurance (more commonly known as errors and omissions insurance).
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: While in your office, a prospective client trips and falls over your laptop bag, requiring a trip to the emergency room. We could pay for the client’s medical expenses, regardless of who is at fault, up to the limits of your general liability policy.
- Data loss: An IT consultant is installing a new network at a client’s office. While transferring the data from the old server to the new one, several important files are corrupted. The client sues the consultant for the financial implications of the lost data. A general liability policy could cover these costs, protecting the IT consultant.
- Property damage: A project manager was working at a client site, using the client’s computer system. The project manager accidentally dropped the laptop he was using, off a table, breaking it. The client made a claim for the replacement cost of the laptop. General liability insurance protects project managers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about General liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A professional photographer is hired to take the photographs for a wedding. The bride requests that several photographs be taken of her aging grandparents with various members of the family. The photographer forgets to take these particular photos and the omission is not discovered until the bride is reviewing the proofs a month later. The family sues the photographer, and their professional liability policy could cover them, including the cost to defend themselves, up to the limits of the policy.
- Dissatisfied client: An architect designs a large-scale home renovation for an indecisive client. After the project is complete, the client sues the architect for failing to meet the deadline and budget, despite the fact that the overages were due to multiple change requests by the client. A professional liability policy could protect the architect, paying his defense costs as well as any settlement or judgment.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Comparison to Competition:
Example professions we insure in Chesapeake:
About our Chesapeake Hiscox Office
Chesapeake, Virginia is a city that is rich in history, yet vibrant and modern. The Battle of the Great Bridge was fought in Chesapeake in 1775, resulting in the removal of all vestiges of the British Government from the Colony of Virginia. This marked one of the early victories for the Colonists in the American Revolution. We are proud to offer business insurance in Virginia and the surrounding region.
Chesapeake is appealing to historians and outdoorsmen alike. Located on the beautiful Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, Chesapeake includes a large portion of the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. The second-largest city by area in the Commonwealth of Virginia, Chesapeake boasts large areas of protected forests, farmland, and wetlands.
Hiscox Chesapeake Office
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
"Agents very helpful. Thus far I am very happy with the service from Hiscox. The agents who have helped me have been very courteous and knowledgeable. I have just purchased a policy and have no idea how they would be with an actual claim, but at this point I am happy with the company and hope they are as good to work with as they are in the initial stages."
“Great Service. Everyone I spoke to were very helpful.. knowledgeable and patient.”
"So far so good"
Easy to deal with, great prices and they don't hound you with sales calls
Short phone call, quick action, great service.
"Thanks for the excellent service.... A company required me to obtain liability insurance on very short notice. Hiscox provided the insurance within a day (at a price I could afford). Hats off to agent Kiyoshi White."
“Customer service at last!”
Very helpful rep. She was patient answering all my questions and giving clear explanations.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.