10 Small Business Lessons We Learned During Our First Urban Mudder
July 28, 2015
At Hiscox, courage is in our DNA. It’s one of the reasons why we recently announced a partnership with another company that knows a thing or two about courage – Tough Mudder. Last weekend nearly 100 Hiscox associates descended upon Randall’s Island in New York for the first ever Urban Mudder! Billed as the "city cousin" event of Tough Mudder, Urban Mudder is a 5 mile obstacle course in which participants climb walls, dodge lasers, and generally get knocked around all in the name of teamwork. The course demanded a lot from Team Hiscox – grit, collaboration and, most of all, courage.
While challenging, the experience was also rewarding and taught us all some lessons. Check out the top 10 small business takeaways we learned from the event, featuring Hiscox employees.
1. As a small business owner, it's important to keep your eyes on the prize.
2. Sometimes, you just need to get heads down and keep working through setbacks.
3. If you want to climb your way to the top, it's going to take some courage.
4. In fact, sometimes you might just have to take a leap of faith.
5. When you land on your feet, take the time to celebrate your success.
6. Never leave a teammate behind.
7. Because teamwork makes the dream work.
8. And nothing is more important than the team.
9. Sometimes a teammate may fall behind, have the courage to give them a lift.
10. And always, always Encourage Courage.
Check out more photos from the event on our new Instagram feed! Search for @HiscoxInsurance!