At Hiscox we strive to be a dedicated resource of information to help small business owners launch or grow a business. We know that it takes courage each and every day to hold the title of business owner. As a recent Top 100 Small Business Influencer Award recipient, we hope we’re on the right track of providing the information you need to help your business succeed!
For the second year in a row, we’ve compiled a list of must follow small business experts to guide your small business success. The 2013 Hiscox Small Business Stars featured the SmallBizLady Melinda Emerson, Inc.com columnist and small business expert Gene Marks and many more. The promises to be just as great!
Check out the 2014 Hiscox Small Business Stars listed below and follow these experts on social media, or their websites, to guide your small business success.
- Nellie Akalp (@CorpNetNellie) – Nellie Aklap is a small business expert and entrepreneur who launched CorpNet in 2009 to help small business owners and entrepreneurs start and protect their businesses. Visit CorpNet.com for help with preparing and filing the necessary documents to start your business.
- Lynn Bardowaski (@LynnBardowski) – Lynn Bardowski is an award-winning entrepreneur and best-selling author of Success Secrets of a Million Dollar Party Girl. She speaks to global audiences about entrepreneurship. Follow Lynn’s blog at http://www.milliondollarpartygirl.com/blog/.
- Angela Benton (@ABenton) –As the Founder & CEO of the NewME Accelerator, Angela Benton is on a mission to accelerate, educate and empower underrepresented tech talent to become business owners. Launched in 2011, Angela’s company has helped business owners raise over $17 million in funding.
- Anita Campbell (@smallbiztrends) – Anita Campbell is the founder, CEO and publisher of Small Business Trends, an online resource for small business owners and entrepreneurs. Anita is also the CEO of BizSugar, a small business social media website. Each year, Anita spearheads the Small Business Influencer Awards.
- Evan Carmichael (@EvanCarmichael) – Evan Carmichael is known as the inspirational entrepreneur, dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve business success through resources on his website EvanCarmichael.com. Follow Evan on Twitter as he highlights a Small Business Champion of the Day.
- Alfred Edmond, Jr. (@AlfredEdmondJr) – As the Senior Vice President/Chief Content Officer for Black Enterprise magazine, Alfred Edmond is an advocate for small business owners and entrepreneurs. He is also the host of Money Matters, a syndicated segment on the American Urban Radio Networks. Visit his Off My Chest blog for small business insight.
- Scott Gerber (@scottgerber) – Scott Gerber is the founder of the Young Entrepreneur Council, an organization comprised of the world’s most successful young entrepreneurs. In his book, Never Get a “Real” Job, he shows readers how to over the 9-to-5 cycle and work for themselves.
- Kevin D. Johnson (@BizWizKevin) – Kevin D. Johnson is the CEO of Johnson Media, Inc. He’s also the author of The New York Times best seller, “The Entrepreneur Mind.” Follow Kevin on Twitter for small business tips.
- Rieva Lesonsky (@Rieva) – Rieva Lesonsky is the founder and CEO of GrowBiz Media and SmallBizDaily.com, which offers daily ideas, insights, information and inspiration for entrepreneurs. Previously, Rieva was recognized by the SBA as a Small Business Media Advocate and a Woman in Business Advocate.
- Brian Moran (@BrianMoran) – In May, Brian Moran was named the first Hiscox Entrepreneur-in-Residence. Through his company, Small Business Edge, Brian helps entrepreneurs and marketers navigate the small-to-midsize business marketplace. Visit Brian’s blog at SmallBusinessEdge.com as he shares insight from his over 20 years as an entrepreneur.
- John A. Meyer (@johnameyer) – A self-proclaimed promoter of entrepreneurs, John A. Meyer is a small business start-up expert with The Company Corporation, which incorporates thousands of new businesses each year.
- Erica Nicole (@YFSMagazine) – Erica Nicole is the founder of the Young, Fabulous and Self-Employed Magazine, which is a go-to resource for start-ups, small business owners and entrepreneurial culture. Erica is also an international speaker on business related topics. For tips on launching and growing a business, visit http://yfsmagazine.com/.
- JJ Ramberg (@jjramberg) – JJ Ramberg hosts the popular MSNBC’s Your Business show, which is devoted to helping small business owners grow and survive. Tune in on Sunday mornings at 7:30am for tips on maintaining a successful business.
- Ramon Ray (@RamonRay) – Ramon Ray is a leading small business technology expert. Small business owners can receive daily tech resources at smallbiztechnology.com. Ramon also produces the annual Small Business Summit, which provides learning and networking opportunities for small business owners.
- Jill Salzman (@foundingmom) – FoundingMoms.com is where mom entrepreneurs exchange, connect and learn. Jill Salzman, the company’s founding mom, has previously built two successful companies and now ensures her Founding Moms monthly meetups are the only kid-friendly networking opportunity for mom entrepreneurs.
- Cameka Smith (@iamCameka) – Cameka Smith is the founder of The BOSS Network (Bringing Out Successful Sisters), a career and entrepreneurial website for women. The site was named in the to p 10 websites for entrepreneurs by Forbes and Inc. Magazines. Visit thebossnetwork.org to find out how to become a member of the network.
- Susan Solovic (@susansolovic) – An award-winning small business expert, Susan Solovic provides proven strategies to help small business owners build their business. Visit Susan’s THE Small Business Expert Blog for insight on growing your small business.
- Steve Strauss (@SteveStrauss) – As a small business expert, Steve Strauss shares his business insight as a small business columnist with USA Today. Steve is also the president and founder of TheSelfEmployed.com, a one-stop-shop of resources for the self-employed, freelancers and solopreneurs.
- Jamie Tardy (@eventualmillion) – Jamie Tardy is a successful business coach who is dedicated to sharing the story of successful millionaires with small business owners, which are available on her website, Eventual Millionaire. For more insight from Jamie, read her book The Eventual Millionaire: How Anyone Can Be An Entrepreneur and Successfully Grow Their Startup.
- Doug and Polly White (@letgotogrow) – Doug and Polly White help grow small businesses and its leaders. Visit DougandPolly.com for a variety of small business resources or read their book, Let Go to Grow: Why Some Businesses Thrive and Others Fail to Reach Their Potential.
Is there a small business expert that you admire? Leave a comment with your thoughts and we may include them in our next round up of Hiscox Small Business Stars!