Don't see your profession? Click Here
'A' (excellent) rating by A.M. Best. Over 100 years of experience.
That's why our customers save on average 31% a year.
Rated 97% for service ( 4,815 reviews)
Our blog is a "go to" resource for your small business. Find valuable information and advice on making your business a huge success.
July 14, 2011 - NEW YORK - Hiscox surveyed US small business leaders on their social media usage and found that many weren’t using these important channels to promote their businesses and products. Only 12% of businesses described social media promotion as a must and nearly 50% of respondents aren’t using social media at all.
The findings included:
- 47% of respondents indicated they did not use social
media for business purposes at all
For those that did use social media for their business:
- 19% are using Facebook
- 15% are using LinkedIn
- 4% are using Twitter
The businesses using social media also ranked the most important channels they used to grow and expand their business:
- 28% selected a company Facebook page
- 18% selected a company page / group on LinkedIn
- 8% indicated a company blog had helped them the most
When all respondents were asked about how they felt about using social media for their
- 12% describe it as a must, they do it all the time
- 24% do it when they have the time
- 14% indicated they don’t know enough about it
Hiscox is the first company in the U.S. to offer insurance direct and online in real time to professional services businesses. Designed specifically for the small and home-office market, Hiscox small business professional liability insurance coverage (errors and omissions insurance) is customized for a range of knowledge-based professions including IT, management consulting, business consulting and marketing. Hiscox offers professional liability insurance quotes direct and online in real-time along with other liability insurance products such as general liability insurance. Hiscox’s licensed insurance advisors are solely focused on helping small businesses with their insurance needs.
Visit Hiscox Small Business Insurance or speak with a Hiscox licensed advisor at (888) 202-3007 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM– 10:00 PM EST).
* Hiscox commissioned research with Opinium Research among 304 owners, partners and senior decision makers from US companies with 1 to 249 employees between the 18th of May and the 1st of June 2011.
Mon-Fri: 8am - 10pm EST
© 2015 Hiscox Inc. All rights reserved.
Underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc.