What is business general liability insurance?
General liability insurance protects your business from any potential injuries or damages to your property that happen as a result of your business operations. From medical expenses to legal fees, general liability insurance will cover potential expenses that your small business may not want to – or may not have the ability to – pay out of pocket.
Why do you need general liability insurance?
Our general liability insurance coverage, also called commercial general liability insurance, protects your business from third party claims for bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to someone else’s property.
You should consider business liability insurance coverage if you or your employees:
- Interact with clients face to face – If you visit a client’s place of work, or clients visit yours
- Have access to a client’s equipment – For example, IT technicians should make sure that they’re covered against potential claims against them with IT business insurance
- Represent your client’s business – For example, PR consultants managing their client’s PR strategy or speaking on behalf of their client
- Use third-party locations for any business related activities – For example, while visiting a client’s premises, the client trips over your briefcase and gets injured – your business may be liable. Your fault or not, our general liability coverage will protect your business against covered claims by paying defense costs and any damages up to your policy limit.
- Are required to have general liability insurance before entering into a contract
Additional coverage benefits:
- Special rate reductions: Hiscox is always looking for ways to lower your general liability insurance costs. For example, if your business is home based, we offer a rate reduction of up to 10%.
- Claims responsiveness: If a covered claim is reported to us, Hiscox will immediately handle the claim even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney to defend you.
- Monthly payment options: Hiscox offers the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help manage your cash flow.
Get liability insurance that best meets your needs.
General liability insurance will not protect you from everything. Make sure you’re covered against claims of negligence, even if it isn’t you or your business’ fault.
- Professional liability insurance, also known as E&O Insurance, should be considered if your business provides a professional service, regularly advises clients, or is requested by your client in order to complete a contract.
- Business Owners Policy (BOP) is property insurance and should be considered if you or your business own business equipment or work with large amounts of data.
Why choose Hiscox?
Hiscox specializes in business liability insurance for professional services businesses like yours.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 96% of people surveyed recommend us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our liability insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Learn more about the benefits of choosing Hiscox insurance or watch our general liability insurance guide.